why do i find hannibal tv kind of beautifully poetic. I love bryan fuller his genius level is god
And might I just add that I love the recurrence of bees between Pushing Daisies and Hannibal so much :3
It’s not a porno magazine, it’s a piece of literature. A very well written piece of literature, controversial in content yet with a clear message. It was written at a time in which there were different attitudes towards paedophilia than we have today. In a way I feel it helped shape those attitudes. Nabokov himself wasn’t a paedophile, he undoubtedly destested paedophiles. That’s more than could be said for some of your other literary favourites. Let’s have a look, shall we?
- Lord Byron was a paedo, drunk and all-around violent arse
- Edgar Allan Poe (paedo) wrote extensively about his 13 year old cousin whom he married
- Allen Ginsberg was a paedophile and openly supported NAMBLA
- William S Burroughs murdered his wife
- F. Scott Fitzgerald abused his wife and plagiarised her writing
- Charle’s Bukowski’s Ham on Rye features intense scenes of child abuse, and the majority of his work is very misogynistic. It is rumoured that he also beat his wife.
- Lewis Carroll was a paedophile and may have written his stories with the purpose of grooming young girls
- Oscar Wilde treated his wife and kids like shit, and was very misogynistic
- William Shakespeare is rumoured to have been a paedophile, though this is debatable.
- Most of the ancient Greeks writing the classics would have been paederasts
- The Bible is encouraging of incest, as are many other religious texts.
- Ted Hughes cheated on his wife and abused her, which greatly influenced her suicide. His writing about her is victim-blamey and misogynistic.
Are you phoning your local schools and universities and requesting they shut down their Literature departments?
What a collection!
asked by Anonymous